We have a wonderful team of staff who support our members during activities and outings, enabling them to join in and supporting their care and health needs. Our staff have a range of relevant qualifications and experience that enable them to provide specialised individual support for a wide range of support needs.
Our Manager and Assistant Manager also work throughout the year as needed, doing all of the organisation and administration involved in running activities.
Manager & Session Supervisor – Joanna Burton
Jo is in charge of organising and preparing for our summer activities as well as leading activity sessions based at our main accessible venue in Chippenham.
- Years at holiday club: 28
- Favourite trip/activity: All coach journeys, singing, playing and daftness.
- Favourite sweet: flying saucers
- Who’s your hero? My big sister
- If you had to eat three foods for a week what would you choose? Vegetable curry, grapes, onion bhajis
Assistant Manager & Session Supervisor – Sue Carter
Sue leads our groups for outings as well as assisting Jo in the preparation and organisation of all Holiday Club activities.
- Years at holiday club: Have played at holiday club most years since I was 12!!
- Favourite trip/activity: Well any time we go anywhere in the bus (sorry coach!) is an amazing experience not to be missed. Not really got a favourite but helping Jodie complete the Zooropia in Bristol zoo a few years a go was the best thing EVER!!
- Favourite vegetable:– butternut squash
- Music: most things 80’s
- When you were 5 what did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse who did ballet dancing
Sports Session Supervisor – Ian Mcpherson
Ian leads Sports sessions at Stanley park, Chippenham. Activities are adapted to suit the abilities and preferences of the young people attending each session.
- Years at Holiday Club – 6
- Favourite trip/activity: Cotswold wildlife park
- Favourite food: Tuna
- Favourite Colour: red
- Most exciting thing you’ve done: 2 Sky dives, 9 bungy jumps, holding a tarantula and delivering my first baby